You have crooked teeth and want to get them fixed so you are no longer embarrassed by having a less than perfect smile, right? Let’s think about this on a few deeper levels. Crooked teeth have shown to damage not only your dental health but your always overall health. Take a look below.
Ways That Crooked Teeth Can Impact Your Life
- Overall Health
- Not a lot of people realize that dental problems can seriously affect your overall health as well. For example, most oral infections are caused by bacteria buildups inside your mouth which can lead to other life-threatening illnesses such as heart disease, stroke or diabetes.
- Creates Difficulty Cleaning
- Crooked teeth will cause gaps and spaces in your teeth. The gaps and spaces created by your crooked teeth will create a difficulty for you to clean your teeth. Depending on how crooked your teeth are, it can be near impossible to get the bristles on a toothbrush in between those crooked teeth along with dental floss as well.
- Chronic Bad Breath
- When we speak of chronic bad breath, we are not talking about after you may have just eaten an onion or some garlic. We are talking about chronic halitosis that is caused by lingering mouth bacteria. This can be caused by food not properly removed from your teeth.
- Increases the Chances Of Tooth Decay
- Gum disease will develop when bacteria in your mouth form into plaque. Developing gingivitis is dangerous on several different levels. Gingivitis is the first stage of gum disease and can be painless. This can result in some patients ignoring gingivitis. The serious problem begins when gingivitis develops into periodontitis which is the more serious stage of gum diseases that can result in tooth loss.
- Self Esteem Issues
- We all know that crooked teeth are not the most appealing set of teeth. This alone can cause you to not smile as much when in public. This can be damaging to your career and your social life. Couple the embarrassment of your appearance with some of the above problems caused by crooked teeth. It is beneficial to take care of them today to help prevent any future issues.
Schedule A Consultation
Dr. Datta Malyavantham is a leading dentist in Northern Virginia with many years of experience in cosmetic solutions to correct crooked teeth. If you have goals to obtain a beautiful, straight, and healthy smile designed to last a lifetime, then you should schedule an individual consultation with Dr. Datta, schedule an appointment online or call our office at (571) 313-7010 today.