Today’s patients enjoy a range of possible treatment options when replacing one or more lost teeth. But the most natural looking and functioning option is the placement of dental implants. Dental implants are the perfect solution when it comes to replacing teeth with a life-like alternative that also supports other aspects of your overall health and oral health.
Dr. Datta Malyavantham is a highly trained implant dentist in Northern Virginia, offering complete and comprehensive care for dental implants in one location. He can help patients restore the beauty, health, and function of their smile using all types of dental implants. He recommends the use of dental implants for the replacement of a single missing tooth and for permanently securing a dental bridge or denture.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
Dr. Datta can address your personal questions and concerns during your initial complimentary implant consultation. At this time, we will also discuss the many important benefits that dental implants can offer your quality of life each day and long term oral health and wellness.
- Bone Retention: the implanted post acts like the lost tooth root, helping to stabilize existing jaw bone and stimulate healthy bone growth. This will prevent bone loss that is inevitable when a tooth is lost. This reduces changes in the appearance and bite fit.
- Secure and Permanent: dental implants provide a permanent restoration that does not require daily removal and the use of adhesives. The stability of an implant secured denture also minimizes impact to the gums and soft tissues which can become worn and irritated by a removable appliance. They also prevent the denture from slipping or even falling out leading to embarrassing situations.
- Confident Speech: dental implants will enable normal tongue movement and speech, improving your confidence in social and professional situations.
- Normal Chewing Function: the ability to chew food and stimulate normal saliva production not only enables your enjoyment of a varied diet but also supports your nutrient absorption and physical health. The act of chewing also supports bone health in the jaw.
- Natural Aesthetics: dental implants will provide a natural looking result, blending seamlessly into your smile when used for a single tooth. Implant supported dentures and bridges are also designed to complement your overall appearance and with the added benefit of supporting your bone structure will offer the best result for aesthetics.
Dental implants offer an over 95% success rate and a long term solution for tooth replacement when compared to traditional options. A stable and healthy smile not only boosts your self-confidence in your appearance and ability to interact with others but also supports overall health. Dr. Datta works with patients on an individual basis when replacing lost teeth with dental implants, addressing any existing dental concerns that could impact your result and taking the time to understand your cosmetic goals. If cared for properly, your dental implants can last a lifetime allowing you to enjoy the benefits they offer. They are an investment in your quality of life and will help prevent further dental issues.